Weekly News



Thugs caged after savagely battering disabled nan Barbara Dransfield, 63, over her son’s £100 cannabis debt



Source : The Sun  




63 year old Barbara Dransfeild was left in a coma after being beaten up by two men called Stephen Morton and Nathan Clarke who beat her up in her own home in Ashton- under Lyne. During the attack Barbara was beaten up with baseball bats by masked men.

Barbara recalls being woken up during the night from the men shouting "Police stay where you are" The police discovered that the intruders had broken into the house by breaking the glass in the back door with a cobblestone.


After a trial, Stephen Morton was convicted of inflicting grievous bodily harm and conspiracy to commit robbery. Nathan Clark, plead guilty to causing GBH with intent and conspiracy to commit robbery before the trial.

This is what Barbara had to say about her experience (quoted from the sun)





"I remember everything that happened. I remember every crack I got. I wasn’t knocked unconscious though, I kept putting my arms up. The police came and thought I had been stabbed, blood was absolutely everywhere, I was covered in it and it was all over the floor and walls."

“I was so shocked more than anything I thought ‘what are they doing in my house’. They kept asking for money, I kept saying ‘I haven’t got any’ and they started hitting me with this baseball bat. They were bashing me all the time.

"I thought I was going to die, but I had to be brave didn’t I? If I would have just let myself go they probably would have knocked me out. I tried to stay as calm as I could and stay hard to stop them."

I chose this news article because I thought it was quite shocking how people think they have the right to break into someone's house and beat them up just for money. I found the pictures quite sad to look at because I couldn't imagine to feel the pain that she is in.

This is a representation of disability, age and issues which are Robbery, Assult.
























https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3286668


/thugs-caged-after-savagely-battering-disabled-nan-over-her-sons-100-cannabis-debt-leaving-her-in-a-coma-on-life-support/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 mark question

Weekly news 7

Weekly news #6