Weekly news


Hollywood movie mogul Steven Seagal accused of sexually harassing young actress on movie set.

Source: The Sun 

Hollywood star Steven has been accused of harassing a women who’s name has not been stated. The alleged victim stated that she was working on the seagal film Out for justice when she was told to go to Seagal’s trailer for a “costume change”.She then claimed that  he propositioned her on the phone saying: “You are not comfortable sitting on my face for an hour?”

The unnamed woman alleged Seagal first insisted the female actors gathered so he could “check us all out”.
She also: “Moments later, a wardrobe assistant led me to Steven’s personal trailer, to his bedroom, and asked me to change into a corset.

EPA
“Then, Steven opened the door [and] tried to barge in. I said, ‘Excuse me, I am changing in here’, but he insisted, ‘I need to see what you look like’.
“I told him that I wasn’t comfortable and began screaming for the wardrobe person. He just smirked and said, ‘It’s OK, I like nice girls, too’. ”
Other complaints were also made by another female on set with him. However Seagal denies allegations made against him. 
I’ve chosen this story because i think that it really disgusting that these things are happening . Since the past months I’ve heard about different famous male directors/actors  accused of sexual harassment ever since The Weinstein scandal occurred, people have started to come forward accusing male director/actors of sexual harassment. This is a clear representation of issues which is abuse of power because they think that they can get away with anything since there rich and higher status than the women on set. Another issue is sexual harassment. 

Comments

  1. I hadn't heard about the allegations against Seagal until I read this - thank you for choosing something a little out of the ordinary. Maybe expand more on your opinion and the representation of issues in the article - you've said it raises the issue of sexual harassment, but how and why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post and a good use of content. Perhaps more context needed comparing it to other sexual harassment claims recently made and how this may have impacted other revelations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also talk about the source and how this may impact how the story was told.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 mark question

Weekly news 7

Weekly news #6